So I am finally employed. Yes, the humbled man has a found a company that likes his skills in the food service industry. They were willing to give me a chance which is all I asked for. I wanted them to look past the fact that I was terminated for attendance. I even mentioned it in both my interviews and I was still offered the job. And of course I gladly accepted.
I was so surprised when I received the email from the recruiting manager, telling that they liked my resume and were interested in having an interview with me. So I responded ASAP. Had a phone interview. She liked what she heard I guess cause right afterward she set me up with a second interview with the manager of the location. I went there did pretty good with that I guess, cause she gave me a tour of the area I would be working at, and then offered me the job. I was so happy man, took everything in me to keep my composure.
So I've been working there ever since this past Monday, you know orientation and a series of classes. Today was my first official day in my location. I think it went pretty well. Can't wait to learn more there. I'm going to try and turn the experiences that I learned at my previous job into pluses here. I learned a lot at my previous job and I am thankful to them for that. But it started to become a chore you know. And when I was out of work for this past month it gave me time to reflect. I realized that I have to make it the best for me. I will admit that there was a part of me that was concerned with what my fellow peers thought about the work I was putting out. But I shouldn't be concerned with what they think. It's about me doing what I know should be done. And whats right, not whats right in their eyes.
I'm serious about trying to get into a supervisor or management position. I'm 26 years old and I don't want to be an hourly for the rest of my life. I'm trying to look towards me and my wife's future. We trying to make this house chapter in our life a reality. That's why we trying to get the bills taking care of like right now. We gotta a few big bills we have to knock out but I believe we almost there. And I strongly do believe a house is in our future. But I gotta go that's enough rambling for now. Yall take care.
~ A Humbled Man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment