Man I hate waiting. I must of filled out like 15 or more applications. I had an Interview with the Hilton. He told me he would call, nothing. I had an interview with the Olive Garden, went well but their not hiring right now. They're slow but he's hoping to pick up more people when the holidays begin. So my fingers are still crossed with that one. Then I filled out an application for a new restaurant that is opening in my neighborhood. Had an interview right there.
Things were looking good she said that they were looking for maybe four more line cooks. They were suppose to be making phone calls today. Guess who didn't get one, that's right yours truly. I guess they assumed I was unreliable. I can't believe she asked me that. I mean it is a reasonable question to ask especially since I was fired from my last job due to my attendance. But see there is a story behind that. And I don't know how true what I heard is but, the reality is no job wants to hear it. Not enough room on the application to explain it, and not enough time during an interview.
It's hard for me to put it into words but pretty much what it all balls down to is that I technically shouldn't of been let go from my job. I'm having it looked into right now and I am waiting on word. But what got me fired was a new rule that was implemented at the beginning of this year. So what ever happened last year should of been cleared away within the old rules. But I don't want to get into conspiracy theories cause I could go all night.
But I totally believe what is killing me about getting hired with another job is this termination due to my attendance. I'm a reliable person, just that I get sick a lot. And most of it is due to me pushing myself with a lot of hours and not getting enough rest. But when I work I give my all at work on time always there. But enough of this. Ain't like a potential employer is reading this. I mean it'll be sweet. Maybe you can reach and get me a job. Ha ha.
But what it looks like is that I may have to apply for another theme park. I know I won't be happy there but I need a job desperately. At least then I will have work and it will be a lot easier to move into a job that I really want. But I'm going to wait on that. I have to see if my claim for unemployment went through. If that did then I'm going to wait and see if more jobs are hiring during the holiday season. Maybe that's what it is. I'm hoping and praying that's what it is. But it doesn't look like it. Because the first and third interview were two places that were just opening up and I didn't get the job. And I'm sick of this.
Sometimes I wish I could just win the lottery so me and my wife can go on an extended vacation and not worry about the everyday cares of working and maintaining a certain amount of hours to make rent or electric or whatever payment. I mean I would pay all of our bills off, by us a nice house so all we have to do is just pay the taxes on the land. Take care of our parents and then just go away.
But let me stop dreaming. This is reality, I'm an unemployed 26 year old. Who's hoping to start collecting on unemployment, and still waiting & calling jobs hes applied for hoping and praying for work. Ugh I need a job. I desperately need a job.
~ A Humbled Man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment