"That makes four man your done, just need your id and gate and we take a walk."
"OK sir here you go, let's do it."
Yeah the last dialogue spoken between me and my manager after I was terminated from my long standing job of almost 4 years. I mean I have nobody to blame but myself for this, I should of kept a better eye on my record card. I thought one thing which by the old rules was correct. But about 2 years ago the union contract was redrawn. Thus a whole new set of rules. Rules that no one usually finds out until its way to late. I won't go into details cause it upsets me but as I say, "it's what it is".
Did I like the job? At one point I did, My restaurant was the spot. I made a lot of good friends their. Not just in the state but in the country, and across the globe. And hey I met my wife there. So not to many complaints. I man I appreciated the managers. They were strict, but I didn't really since the favoritism amongst them. I knew it was there, I mean hey its always there Na mean. But at the time I started it was a good spot. There wasn't to much bull. But to be honest I did want out. But just not like this. You know, I wanted to leave on my own terms. I was already in the process of looking for another job. But then I get this, damn!
Now I can go ahead and spew a whole bunch of conspiracy stuff, which I thought of for a very long time. And was proven true that the managers was watching me and my wife, and that they had it in for me but whats done is done. So I digress and pray that I get a phone call soon. I mean I forgot how hard it is to look for a job. I must of filled out about 20 applications to date. And I'm about to fill out some more today while I'm here.
But I seriously felt humbled when I got terminated. I mean you take things like this for granted, but you need it. No matter how much you can't stand your job. Be grateful you have one. And you know maybe this happened for a reason. Maybe it was done to do just this, humble me. Or maybe it was my time to go and find something better suited for my skills. Only time will tell. And I'm hoping whatever happens, happens soon. Because I'm tired of being unemployed. But whatever doesn't kill me only makes me stronger. But a job gives me purpose and I miss it.
~MOE$ A humbled man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment