Monday, October 5, 2009

And the Search Continues

Yea and I'm still unemployed. I had a little glimmer of hope last week Monday when I got a call for an interview from a hotel I applied for. It looked promising. I thought yea I'm back in it before the week is up. I was wrong, never got the call back.

I must of applied to like 15-20 jobs and that was in my first 4 days of unemployment. On Wednesday of last week I had an interview at the olive garden. Unfortunately they weren't hiring at the moment. But the manager did tell me he might b needing an extra line cook around the holidays.

So hopefully that's my ticket in. In the mean time I keep applying every were I can. I've applied for unemployment. Hopefully I can get that. That way I can get some extra income into the house. I mean they usually pay you what you were getting paid at your last job. So here's hoping.
But this whole being unemployed really starts to get to you Na mean. Its like being on a vacation that you didn't want. And you start to feel like a burden. Or useless. I hate this feeling. I need to find something constructive to do. Something to pass the time by. And I got just the thing.

I'm going to start hitting the gym at least twice a day. You know keep me busy. I might as well get my weight down. I'm going to also start reading more. I got a book hear that I've been meaning to read for a while now. So I might as well get started.

Hopefully I will hear from jobs soon. I'm praying that I do. I'm going to start making some phone calls to. I need something to get me out this slump. Any way I'll holla

~A Humbled Man

No comments:

Post a Comment